Tilly and the Buttons Zadie Dress
Make your own Zadie dress with this paper pattern and step-by-step instructions. Designed for stretch knit fabrics, you can sew it on a regular sewing machine (no overlocker or serger needed) – hooray!
Throw on your Zadie dress for comfort and style at work or play. The dress has striking diagonal seams, concealing lovely (and practical!) in-seam pockets. The fitted bodice has a flattering empire waistline and round neckline finished with a neckband. It flares out into a feminine, knee-length semi-pleated skirt that’s great for swishing. Choose from cap, three-quarter or full length raglan sleeves.
If you’re a fan of the Coco or Agnes patterns, this project will take your knit fabric sewing skills to the next level.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Zadie includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
Multi-sized pattern in sizes 1 to 8. For Tilly and the Buttons' size chart, see the last image
Tilly and the Buttons has three difficulty levels: 'beginners', 'confident beginners' and 'improvers'. This pattern is rated 'improvers'.
Medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as ponte di roma, double knit, interlock, jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 20% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
- Long or 3/4 sleeve – 2.5m x 150cm wide OR 2.8m x 115cm
- Cap sleeve – 2.1m x 150cm wide OR 2.3m x 115cm
- Bodices – 0.5m x 150cm wide fabric or 115cm wide fabric
- Long or ¾ sleeve + side panels – 1m x 150cm wide fabric OR 1.3m x 115cm wide fabric OR Cap sleeve + side panels – 0.6m x 150cm wide fabric OR 0.7m x 115cm wide fabric
- Skirt, pocket facings + neckband – 1.5m x 150cm wide fabric or 115cm wide fabric
Matching thread; 0.9m of 6-8mm stay tape, clear elastic, ribbon or strips of knit interfacing